What actually means “VA”?

A VA display (Vertical Aligement) consists of two linear polarizing filters rotated 90° to each other and some other stuff. Between the filters are two transparent electrodes (a pixel electrode and a common counter electrode). These usually consist of a glass plate with an ITO layer (indium tin oxide) applied. On top of this is the orientation layer. The elongated liquid crystals are embedded in between.

Go to Top